Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Lavera Body Spa Wild Rose Body Oil






I've recently started incorporating oils into my mositurising regime, from using a mix of jojoba + almond oils as a cuticle moisturiser to adding a few drops into my hand cream and body lotion. So far I've found that my skin is liking the jojoba oil, and its been keeping my hands moisturised. My hands tend to be dry and my cuticles always look the worse for wear cos im fighting a recurrent bout of ezcema.

Anyway I chanced upon Vivawoman's review of Lavera's wild rose body spa products, and she reccomended the body oil as the product she liked the best. I'm not too sure of the retail price but I got my bottle from Phyto Organics at Raffles City, as they had a $7 promotion and you had to buy a minimum of 3 products, so I also got the Yes to Carrots shampoo and Lavera lip balm -repair. Other products in the same range include a shower gel and body wash. There are also other fragrances such as vanilla-coconut, milk-honey and lavander-aloe.

Lavera is a brand of natural products from Germany, and its products are certified organic.

Wild Rose body oil, 50 ml packaged in a frosted glass bottle
Ingredients:

Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Rosa Moschata Oil*, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Alcohol, Fragrance (Parfum)**, Citral**, Geraniol**, Citro-
nellol**, Limonene**, Linalool**
* ingredients from certified organic agriculture
** natural essential oils

As you can see, the base is olive, almond and jojoba oils which is pretty moisturising. The rose fragrance is a pleasant, slightly sweet fragrance but it smells slightly different from my rosewater, probably due to the presence of all the oils. The day after I use it as a body moisturiser, I got incredibly smooth legs.

So there you have it, I was looking for something different and who wouldn't like a rose-scented body oil? The instructions state that it can also be used as a massage oil ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment